March 27, 2002

It's Passover, and there's a humongous bottle of Chilean cabernet on the dining room table. It's not Manischewitz (oh, gimme a break, I like that stuff), but I'm getting a considerable buzz from it. Should I feel guilty that I'm using this religious symbol of suffering to ease my own? No. It's only a symbol. And what's the crime about wanting to feel good on a holiday?

News item number two: I'm hoping to get a tattoo! My friend Will is coming to town in a few days and the plan is for us to both get identical tattoos. If the stars are properly aligned, I'll be able to afford the one I want (adapted from the poster from F.W. Murnau's classic 1922 vampire film, Nosferatu). If I do get it, Freezing to Death readers will be among the first to know. I'll even post a picture! At the very least, I'll try to get one up of Will's. Keep your fingers crossed for me!